Monday, September 3, 2012

Dugout Deli



2552 Cottage Way, Sacramento, CA 95825. (916) 486-8766

If you're like me, when you go to buy a sandwich you want your money's worth. Nothing irks me more than plunking down $$ and getting a sandwich that looks like it was put together during the Great Depression- stale bread, skimpy produce and a few pieces of see through meat. So when my friend Sheri invited me to check out a new sandwich shop in her hood, The Dugout Deli, I was a bit skeptical (especially when I heard it used to be a Mr. Pickle's location) but I decided to give it a go. Boy, did the Dugout Deli end up surprising me! Clean store with a cute baseball theme, friendly staff, good value and most importantly a tasty sandwich. They also have several comfy booths to plunk down in and watch the game while you enjoy your chips and sandwich.

Oddly, I hadn't heard of the Dugout Deli before my visit but it could be because it isn't on any main strip; rather it's squirreled away in a small shopping center on Cottage Way. Despite it's "hidden" location, the deli seems to do a lot of business. During the two hours we were there (we're leisurely lunchers) there was a consistent flow of customers and every table was filled. Their menu offers a myriad of choices and they all sound so appetizing that choosing just one becomes quite difficult. I finally settled on the "Ryan Express" which included chicken salad, choice of produce toppings, Swiss cheese and fresh avocado. I had them 86 the cheese and opted for a sweet roll (they offer dutch crunch, sourdough, sweet roll, marble rye and wheat roll or sliced wheat). All sandwiches come with a complimentary cookie, which I thought was a nice touch of hospitality. Next time I'm leaning towards trying the "World Series Reuben." I saw one go by on the counter and it looked like a homerun.

In addition to hot and cold sandwiches, the Dugout also offers wraps, sides of potato/pasta/macaroni salads, a kids menu (includes sandwich, applesauce, juice box and cookie) and party trays (sandwiches, veggies or fruit). For the trays, they just need 24 hours notice. Can you say easy Sunday football party set-up?

So, for a solid sandwich at a price you won't choke on, cruise out to the 'burbs and grab lunch at the Dugout Deli. They're making some mean sandwiches out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap