Thursday, November 3, 2011

Top Chef : Don't Mess With Texas


I really dislike reality competition shows except for one...Top Chef. It's one of the few times you'll see me glued to the TV. However, I'm not a fan of it's craptastic spin-offs like Top Chef Masters and Just Desserts. I've tried getting into them but a couple of episodes in and inevitably I just lose interest. With Masters, it's just boring watching the pros puff out their chests and egos whilst waxing on about their laundry list of accomplishments. And Just Desserts...I tried to like it but Sweet Baby Jesus that show is a train wreck- even heartthrob Johnny Iuzzinni (who for some reason reminds me of Vicki the Robot from Small Wonder with his stilted speech at the judges' table) couldn't save that show for me. One episode in and I could give a rat's ass what's going with that bunch of pastry drama queens. But the original Top Chef with Tom Colicchio, Padma Lakshmi, and Gail Simmons captivates my attention each season. I've watched all the regular seasons including the All-Star and holiday seasons (it's a bit of an addiction, I know). This season takes place in the Lone Star state, Texas...and yes, I'm excited! I went into the season stoked that someone from my hometown of Sacramento was going to be on it, until I realized what a pompous DB the guy was. Geez, way to represent Mr. Stone. Confidence is one thing, douchebaggery is another. Glad they sent him packing in the first five minutes. Anyhow, looking forward to another season of slicing, dicing and competitive cooking---like they say in Texas: Go big or go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap